Asus Zenfone 5 Kitkat Update and Troubleshooting
About ASUS Zenfone 5 Kitkat OTA update
An easiest way to update ASUS Zenfone 5 is trough OTA update, an official firmware from ASUS, go to Settings > About Phone > System update.
It will give a notification if new firmware is available, just tap to update.
In some case you don`t receive a notification that a new firmware is available, it probably because SKU and Firmware is different.
Manualy ASUS Zenfone 5 Kitkat Update
Failed OTA update then do manually, Update Asus Zenfone 5 manually to Kitkat
Preparation before Update ASUS Zenfone 5 to Kitkat
- Make sure that your device still using default Firmware
- Make sure you battery is more than enough until update complete
- If update using OTA, make sure you have stable connection
- Make a backup!
- To keep your device rooted then run RootZenFone > Preserve Root before update
Asus Zenfone 5 Update Troubleshooting
error “assert failed ..bla..bla..blaa.. fota_return_code 403 bla bla”
When your ROM is already modify, this error will appear. Installed Xposed, install Viper, delete default apps, etc is count as ROM modification.
Solution: Reset / flashing to Stock ROM
Error : assert failed getprop( “ro.build.asus.sku” )== “WW”
The problem came from SKU, check your Firmware & SKU
Error : assert failed: apply_patch_check (“/system/bin/vold”…
Maybe you has been install something that make changing in /system/bin/vold.
Solution: Run root explorer and go to /system/bin/ find void.bak or void.backup or void.orig rename become void (delete void file before rename backup file)
Error : assert failed: apply_patch_check (“/system/bin/app_process”…
Installed Xpose Framework make /system/bin/app_process changed.
- Uninstall Xpose Framework then restart your device
- Run root explorer go to /system/bin/ find app_process.bak or app_process.backup or app_process.orig rename become app_process (delete app_process before rename backup file)
Keyboard is gone after update to kitkat
In some case, Asus is remove Google Keyboard
Solution: Download or use other keyboard application from Playstore
Unroot ASUS Zenfone 5
Maybe you forgot to Preserve Root before update firmware.
Solution: Root ASUS Zenfone 5 Kitkat