Getting Permission Denied Error while Installing CWM in android 4.0.3
case: Your tablet is already detect by windows, but everytime you try to install CWM recovery trough bat file it say permission denied.
For android 4.0.3 that cannot install cwn from normal steps maybe this could help.
- Tablet using android 4.0.3 (ICS) as ROM
- Android is already Root (you can use rootchecker for check it)
- Download and install Android terminal emulator or other similiar application
- Download and instal ES File Explorer or other similiar application
[Solved] Problem while Install CWM (permission denied)
- Open Android terminal emulator
- type su, a permission box will pop up.
- Click at allow button, when it have a root access the $ symbol will change to #.
- Open ES File explorer
- Click Local > /Device
- Long tap on Dev folder, until it checked
- then click more > properties > change permission
- Check all (rwx rwx rwx) then ok
- Do step 6, 7, 8 for data folder
- Open dev folder and repeat step 6, 7, 8 for block folder
- Open block folder do step 6, 7, 8 for nandg file
- Close ES File Explorer
- Go to Application >Settings > developers
- Check USB debugging
- Connect tablet to PC/laptop
- Run *.bat CWM file that you already download
- Make sure when you change the permission with ES File Explorer, your device is not connect with PC/Laptop. It might cause hard crash and brick the device
- Connect the device to PC/laptop without turn it into USB storage
Do With Your Own Risk