HTC Desire S Security off(S-Off) and Install recovery
This tutorial HTC Desire S S-Off and root just for HTC Desire S that using HBOOT 0.98.0000 or 0.98.0002.
If you just OTA update, HBOOT in your device become 2.00.002. So, your device will not able to S-Off and root, because alpharevx and revolutionary still not support the HBOOT version.
Before OTA update, make sure your device is already in Security-On (S-On) mode.
- Turn off Fastboot feature in menu > setting > power
- Turn off HTC Desire S
- Press and Hold Volume[-] + Power
- Take a note of Desire S HBOOT version, is 0.98.0000 or 0.98.0002?
- If you have HTC sync in your Laptop / PC, Uninstall it and restart the Laptop / PC
- Download and install HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe
- unPlug the device for PC
- Go to Menu > Setting > Application > development, check USB Debugging
HTC Desire S S-Off and Recovery
- Open your browser and go to http://revolutionary.io/
- Download and extract the application (windows / linux depend on your OS)
- Connect HTC Desire S to PC
- Run revolutionary.exe (you can find this in extract folder from step 2)
- A Serial number will show up in command prompt, save this serial number (write on note or copy it, becarefull it`s case sensitive).
- Back to revolutionary webpage, fill all field to get beta key
Your Device : htc desire s
Hboot Version : preparation step 4
Serial Number : seral number that you get from prev step.
click generate key
- Copy the code from generate key result to command windows to continue the process
- Answer with Y, for question “install recovery”.
Now your HTC Desire S is already S-Off and have recovery installed.
Next step: Root HTC Desire S
Do With your own risk
Download support files