Install ClockWorkMod Recovery and Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100)
Preparation before Rooting
- Samsung KIES is already install in PC/Laptop
- Download ODIN for windows
- Download recovery.tar.md5.
- Download rooting file for Galaxy Tab 2, CWM-root-gtab2.zip, and copy those file to extSDcard (open windows explorer and you`ll find it if only Galaxy Tab2 still connect)
I assume that your GTab 2 still connect with PC/Laptop before start steps below.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Close KIES Application
- Now at your Tab, Go to menu > settings > application > development
- Check on USB Debugging Option
- Turn off the device
- Press and Hold Power + Volume [-] buttons until Samsung Galaxy Tab2 boot in to Download Mode
- Open ODIN, wait until ODIN detect the device. It`s show with green at GTab2 Port.
- click PDA button, find and select recovery.tar.md5
- Click Start button and wait until Gtab2 reboot
- Take a change when it`s reboot to turn off the device
- Remove Samsung galaxy Tab 2 from PC/laptop
- Press and hold Power + Volume[+] Buttons and boot in to recovery mode
- Optional Step, do backup with select Backup and Restore, it`s took time so be patience
- At CWM menu, select Install zip from SDcard
- Select Choose Zip from SDcard
- Find and select cwm-root-gtab2.zip
- Wait until the process is done and reboot
- If you find a superuser icon in application mean your root is success.
Do With Your Own Risk