Install Custom Recovery, Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy tab 3.0
As a note, if you want to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 then your warranty device will void. But if you want to claim warranty, please make sure that the device is unroot it first before bringing it to the service center.
There are two methods that you can use to perform root your galaxy tab on 3.0. Do root through Odin or do a root through the Recovery Mode. It’s up to you to choose the methods.
Root Galaxy Tab 3 using ODIN
Using the ODIN method you need a PC/Laptop with windows OS and drivers that already installed with Samsung driver in it.
All you need for this is Odin and super user root file Gtab3.
- Run ODIN, then search the PDA on the application. Click the button and select the file recovery.tar.md5 you have downloaded earlier.
- Be sure to check the option in ODIN, it’s only Auto Reboot and f. Reset Time is checked
- Now turn off your device, then press and hold approximately 10 seconds the Power button + volume down until she entered in download mode.
- Connect Galaxy Tab 3 to your PC/Laptop and then wait until windows detect and ODIN recognize your device.
- After ODIN is ready, click the Start button to start the process of rooting. Be patient and wait for it to finish and reboot.
Generally to perform root via recovery mode on do with custom Recovery as ClockWorkMod (CWM) or Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). Please keep your recovery that you like.
Installing Custom recovery to Galaxy Tab 3
To install a custom recovery you can use ODIN, and do the way as root on top. It’s just the files you use are the installation files for the custom recovery (you can download below)
ROOT through your Recovery Mode
- For root through recovery , please copy your custom root file ( ROOT_SGT3_ 8.0 .zip) that you have downloaded to external SDcard
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 2, then press and hold Power button + Volume up to get into the recovery mode. Release the power button when it enters mode.
- After device boot in recovery mode
- For the CWM recovery
- Continue the selection to Install the Zip File Zip from SDcard > Choose, and then select ROOT_SGT3_ 8.0 .zip stored in your SDcard
- Back to main menu and select “Reboot System now”
- For TWRP
- continue with tap on the “Reboot” on the bottom right of the screen. then select the “System” at the next menu.
- You will find questions to install root file, approve the device you’ll reboot.
- Then follow the instructions that appear on your Galaxy Tab screen
- For the CWM recovery
For unroot, all you have to do is flashing the device using custom recovery with stock ROM.
Congratulations your device already root!!
DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK ..
Download Support File