Manually Update ASUS Zenfone 5 to Kitkat
This an alternative method if you failed do OTA update.
- Download ASUS Zenfone 5 Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware .
- If your ASUS is rooted then you need to unroot (and make sure that SuperSU is no longer installed)
- Backup your data
Manually update ASUS Zenfone 5
- Extract Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware until you meet UL_ASUS_T00F_WW_2_19_40_6-user.zip
- Turn off your device
- Boot to recovery mode
- Select factory reset (make sure that your data is already back up!!)
- Reboot and boot normally
- Connect Zenfone 5 to your PC / Laptop, copy UL_ASUS_T00F_WW_2_19_40_6-user.zip to internal memory
- After device is Remove from PC / Laptop, a notification for update will appear, wait until update process is finish
- Reboot and done
Do With Your Own Risk
Download Support File