OverClocking Samsung Galaxy W
Overclock is a method to push the device performance to max. The advantages is device will process more faster and more smoother. On the other hand, the device will easily heat up and at worst your device will break. As a note, Overclock result is more perceived for gaming.
Samsung Galaxy W has factory default 1.4Ghz and can overclock until 1.8Ghz.
- Root Samsung Galaxy W
- Installed ClockWorkMod Recovery
- Installed Samsung driver
- Installed ADB, read install ADB in windows (easy) or windows 7
- Download boot.img
- Download dhd.ko
Overclock Samsung Galaxy W
- Close Kies in windows
- In device, go to Menu > Settings > Application > Development
- check USB Debugging
- Connect Galaxy W to PC/laptop via USB cable
- Copy boot.img and dhd.ko to /sdcard/download
- Use ADB for flashing boot.img
dd if=/sdcard/download/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
- Open RootExplorer
- Copy dhd.ko to /system/etc/wifi/
note: use AnTuTu CPU Master to check the result.
Do With Your Own Risk
Download Support Files