Restore data inside .sbu file using KIES
- You must have java SDK, you can download from their official site
- Get SBU extractor (link below), extract the file and you get SSVCardExtractor.java file
- Copy SSVCardExtractor.java to folder where javac located. (in windows 7 you can find it in Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0/bin)
How to restore data sbu using kies
- Find your .sbu file (usually at My Documents/samsung/Kies/Backup/[phone series]. )
- Copy those file to bin folder (Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0/bin)
- Windows start button -> select Run
- Type cmd, a terminal windows will show up
- at terminal windows, type
cd Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0/bin
java SSVCardExtractor 20111108T153951.sbu output.vcf
* 20111108T153951.sbu is just example file, you can change the file target.
- Copy output.vcf file to your phone.
- Open contact -> select import -> Choose output.vcf
note: the java sdk location may diffent in your computer, it`s better to check where those folder is located and change the path in tutorial.
Download Support FileDownload SBU extractor (14387 downloads)