Root and install ClockWorkMod in Galaxy nexus
- Download File image custom recovery Clockwork Mod
- Download ROOT For Galaxy Nexus
Don`t forget to backup your efs and SDcard partition data.
Root and Install CWM in Galaxy Nexus
- Turn off galaxy nexus
- press and hold Power + Volume[+] + Volume[-] buttons, the device will boot in fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to PC/laptop via USB
- Run ADB (read here how to install adb)
- Install all necessary driver
- Type command
fastboot oem unlock
The proccess take times to finish it. just wait with patience.
- When it`s done, now you`ll find that the bootloader already unlock
- copy the two files that you already download (SU.zip dan file.img) to ADB folder
- Turn off the device and boot in fastmode (like step 2)
- Install ClockWorkMod
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-maguro.img
or if you don`t want to flash custom recovery, type this
fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-maguro.img
- After clockwordmod installed, reboot and boot to Clockworkmod through “Recovery Mode” menu.
- Copy file SU.zip to SDcard, type command:
adb push su.zip /sdcard/
- At CWM, Select menu Install Zip from SDcard
- Then, select Choose Zip from SDcard
- Select SU.zip
- Reboot and done, now your device is already root.
Do With YOur Own Risk
Download Support Files