Root Sony Xperia Neo/Pro without unlock bootloader(firmware 4.0.2.a.62)
Unfortunenately zergrush v4 cannot root Sony xperia Neo that already using firmware 4.0.2.a.62. Another way to root Xperia Neo is using xperiaroot through recovery mode.
- Installed Android SDK
- Download xperiaroot.zip
- Download recoveryneo.zip
- Download and extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar
Root Xperia Neo
- Go to fastboot_with_Android_USB_file extract folder and copy all files inside those folder to android-sdk/tools
- Place recoveryNeo.img to android-sdk/tools
- Connect xperia to PC/laptop
- Copy Xperiaroot.zip to SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the device from PC/laptop
- Now we need to boot in fastboot mode, while press the Menu Key connect the Xperia Neo to PC/laptop
- On windows, launch a command prompt (start > run, type: cmd).
- Change the working path to tools folder inside android SDK
- Detect the device
if your device is undetected, re do step 7
- Do reboot
fastboot boot recoveryNeo.img
- Wait until the device is reboot and boot in recovery mode
- Choose install zip from SDcard
- Select xperiaroot.zip
- Wait for the installation complete
- an alternative to boot in fastboot are using Xperia reboot, this will help you to entering fastboot menu without press anykey/button. Xperia reboot is unavailable in market, it was develop by xda member.
- Use root checker if you not sure that your device is already root.
Do With Your Own Risk
Download Support File