Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note2 (N7100)
There is two method for rooting Samsung Galaxy Note2, using stock recovery and advance CWM.
The advantage using stock recovery method is your Note2 still got zero flash counter, root and still use stock firmware. In other hand, using Advance CWM, will add the flash counter but you can use custom ROM
- Download Odin3
- Download and extract Stock Recovery(cwm staganr)(hCF-Auto-Root-SGN2.zip)(for method 1)
- Download and extract ROOT CWM6 for Note2 (cwm6-root-n7100-121015)(for method 2)
Root Galaxy Note2 (without add flash counter)
- Run Odin3
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time
- Check PDA, then click PDA button, find and select CF-Auto-Root-SGN2.tar
- Turn off Note2
- Press Volume[-] + Home buttons then Power Button, at warning mode press volume[+] button to boot in download mode.
- Connect the device to PC/Laptop
- Wait until Odin3 detect the device (it`s detect on communication port as ID:COM with blue background color)
- Click Start
- Wait until Odin3 say “PASS!” (above ID:COM)
- Remove Galaxy Note2 from PC/Laptop
- Reboot and done
Root Galaxy Note2 (add flash counter)
All steps is almost same with above, but the file that you need to call in PDA change into cwm6-root-n7100-121015.tar (ROOT CWM6 for Note2)
Do this after root Samsung Galaxy Note2!
In some case IMEI can be reset as 0 (settings > about device > status > IMEI), if IMEI become 0 your device will unable to use wifi, bluetooth, and mobile network. Without backup, there is impossible to get your IMEI back after you lose it!
How to Backup and Restore Samsung Galaxy IMEI >>
Do With Your Own Risk
Download Support Files