Rooting Xperia Play 2.3.3 Without unlock bootloader
Root Xperia Play Using Gingerbreak
- Boot Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
- Go to Settings->Applications setting->Development
- Check USB Debugging
- Use file explorer apllication such as Root Explorer / Astro to Install Gingerbreak
- Make sure the microSD is the right place
- Activate the gingerbreak – root device. (this process took some times, so be patience)
- After reboot, go to Superuser
- Using OTA update your Sony Ericsson xperia play, About Phone -> Software Update -> Update now.
Gingerbreak is work well in xperia play 2.3.2, if you failed using gingerbreak at xperia play 2.3.3. You should downgrade to 2.3.2 and root using gingerbreak, after the root success you can update to 2.3.3.
Do With Your Own Risk
Dowload Support File