Tethering Galaxy GIO with Wifi Laptop
PC / Laptop Setting
Ok, first you need login at windows as administrator.
- start button -> RUN -> type cmd.exe
- c:\> netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=12345abc
In your android will show a wifi info ssid=name for password using key
- c:\>netsh wlan start hostednetwork
this command will run the service
- c:\>netsh wlan show hostednetwork
this command for checking is the service is run and which device that connected.
- go to network properties will show up a new device with name “wireless 2”
- Because WIFI don`t have DHCP, we must enter the static IP address.
Right klik at properties, and uncheck all except “Internet Protocol 4”.
- click twice at “IP ver 4”, IP 192.168.137.1 and NM 255.255.255.0
- Now select wireless device (the device is depend on modem that you use)
Right click -> properties
- select sharing and then “wireless 2”
- Activate WIFI, at WIFI setting ,select ADVANCE
- Set you IP Static
IP : 192.168.137.2
NM : 255.255.255.0
GW : 192.168.137.1
DNS : 18.104.22.168
DNS 2 : 22.214.171.124
- Back, now look at your WIFI setting, select WIFI and fill the password.
if your setting is success it`s look like below
Test the connection
At your PC/ Laptop, Run -> CMD
c:\> ping 192.168.137.2