The Cause and fix solution for brick Samsung Galaxy Y
Curiosity and desire to makes our Samsung Galaxy Y have better performance, more faster and have something different is not always can be smooth. Modify the system is not 100% safe, it`s always have the risk. Brick condition is the most unpleasant result.
Know The cause that makes your Samsung Galaxy Y become brick
- Failed Flashing (stock / custom) ROM, Firmware or Kernel
- Using uncompatible (stock / custom) ROM, Firmware or Kernel
- Modify (edit / delete) some important files
Failed flashing usually occurs due to unfinished installation, the most case because the battery is empty in the middle of process.
When your Samsung Galaxy Y become brick, do not panic!
let`s see what the device can still do.
- Is it posibble Booting to ROM?
- Is it posibble Booting to Recovery mode?
- Is the device got bootloop?
- Or it`s totaly black?
This some possible solution, Using Recovery or Download Mode.
Unbrick Galaxy Y using recovery mode
- Press and hold Home + Volume[+] + Power Buttons until its boot in recovery menu
- Select Wipe data / factory reset
- Select Wipe Cache Partition
- Select Install From ZIP SD Card
- Select the Choose Zip from SD Card
- Find custom/stock ROM or your backup file.
If the method above still failed, Check is the download mode can be access?
Press and hold Volume[-] + Home + Power buttons to boot in download mode.
When you can boot in download mode, you can use Flashing Samsung Galaxy Y Firmware method.
For bootloop case, you can read Troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy Tab Bootloop , even it`s different device, but the main point still same.
Tips to next Samsung Galaxy Y tweak
- Always make backup before you modify / flashing
- Make sure your battery is full before do flashing
Do With Your Own Risk