Tutorial add, replace and change Sound in Android
How to add new sound in android
This sound including ringtones, notifications, alarm. doesn`t any application or root device. So, it`s completely manual.
- Create folder “media” at SDcard (result: /media)
- Go to media folder and create “audio” folder (result: /media/audio)
- go to audio folder and create :
- “ringtones” folder (/media/audio/ringtones)
- “notifications” folder (/media/audio/notifications)
- “alarm” folder (/media/audio/alarm)
- Insert new audio and place them according where those sound will use.(doesn`t need to convert to .ogg)
- Check on sound settings, the new added sound should be on the list
UI sound customize
Root device only! and the sound should be in .ogg files.
- Use rootexplorer (or any similiar application) and go to /system/media/audio/ui
- mount R/W the folder
- Inside ui folder you`ll find many ogg files
- Make backup for sound that you want to change or add .bak to every files that you want to replace. (ex: lock.ogg -> lock.ogg.bak)
- Rename the new file sound exactly the same with the old ones. Case sensitive!!
- Don`t forget to set the new sound file permission like the old ones.
- Reboot and do some test
Change the bootsound
Root device only!
- Prepare the sound that you want to make as boot sound. (make sure that sound is less then 9 sec)
- give a name those file, poweron.ogg. (case sensitive)
- copy the file (the new one).
- launch rootexplorer, set as mounted as R/W
- Open menu -> search, type poweron.ogg, take a note for poweron.ogg folder path.
- Using rootexplorer go to the path folder from previous step.
- it`s better to make backup before do this, rename the original file. ex: poweron.ogg.bak
- Do paste.
- Set the permission same as the original poweron.ogg.
- HTC secret Code
- Advantages and Disadvantages Android mobile phone
- Root and unroot Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300
- Flashing Samsung Galaxy Y Firmware
- Flashing for Upgrade and downgrade Lenovo P780 ROM / firmware
- Install Sony Xperia (P / U / Sola / Go) Driver and fastboot in Windows 7
- 7 Mistake Choosing Power Bank
- Flashing Stock ROM for Lenovo A800
- Install ClockWorkMod Recovery using Terminal Emulator
- How to Distinguish Between Original Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 clone