Unlock Asus Zenfone 2 Bootloader
For Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (Z00A)
- Update the firmware to version 22.214.171.124
- Download Splash Screen for ZE551ML
For Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML (Z008)
- Update the firmware to version 126.96.36.199
- Download Splash Screen for ZE550ML
- Make sure that ADB is properly installed.
- Rooted Asus Zenfone 2
Unlock Asus Zenfone 2 bootloader
- Connect device to PC/Laptop using data cable
- Make sure that ADB is granted trough SuperSU app in Zenfone 2
- Go to ADB folder, hold shift button then right click, choose “Open Window Command Here”
getprop ro.isn > /factory/asuskey
- Zenfone 2 will reboot to bootloader, on screen “Unlock Bootloader” text will apear then device will reboot again.
- After reboot splash screen will white, wait until it boot into homescreen
- Once again, open command window, type
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash splashscreen splashscreen.img
- Done, reboot your device once again then the splash screen will back to normal (black color)
Do With Your Own Risk
- unlock bootloader will not erase data in internal storage
- until this post written, there is no relock method to unlock bootloader.
Dowload Support file