Unlock Sony Xperia Series bootloader
Before you start to customize your Xperia, the first thing to do is unlock the bootloader. As a default every Xperia smartphone the bootloader is lock. If you are a android new user, you must know that unlock bootloader will void your phone waranty. But for the advantage, your xperia will able to tweak.
This unlock Xperia bootloader step can use for
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc S
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ neo
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ neo V
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ pro
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ mini
- Sony Ericsson Xperia ™ mini pro
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ ray
- Sony Ericsson Xperia™ active
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™
- Sony Xperia™ S
- Download and extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar, rename the extract folder become fastboot. tips, do not place the extract folder to deep, let it easy to access (ex: c:/fastboot)
- IMEI number, dial *#06# to reveal your phone 15 digits IMEI
Step by step to unlock Xperia Bootloader
- Go to unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com
- At first page, just find continue button and click it.
- second page is instruction by sony, click continue
- Answer the question at next page that you accept and undertand the risk from unlock bootloader
- When they ask IMEI and detail, give information that they need . IMEI number that need only 14 digits, just delete the last number.
- Click Submit
- A unlock key bootloader window will come up, take a note and write down the key (or capture it)
- Now, turn off your xperia
- Hold button:
- Menu button (for Xperia™ arc, Xperia™ arc S, Xperia™ neo, Xperia™ neo V, Xperia™ pro).
- Search button (for Xperia™ PLAY).
- Volume up button (for Xperia™ mini, Xperia™ mini pro, Xperia™ ray, Xperia™ active, Live with Walkman™, Xperia™ S).
- Connect the device to PC/laptop via USB cable, if the led become blue continue to next steps
- Release the button
- Windows will detect the device, Select Install for specific location and give path to driver that located in fastboot\usb_driver
- Open command prompt (start > run, type cmd)
- Change the workpath to fastboot application folder
- Detect the device
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
if you dont get any respon from this, you`ll need to reconnect the Xperia
- OK .. this step will void your waranty, are you ready?
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
replace KEY with unlock key that you got in step 7
- Done, Now your Xperia should be unlock
Do With Your Own Risk
Download Support File