Windows 7 cannot read sony xperia z internal storage
case: When you connect xperia z to PC / Laptop, windows 7 only read your microSD. If microSD removed, windows nor PC companion cannot detect the device.
This error occur because the windows 7 is roll back, and it makes MTP driver get a problem.
Make Windows 7 can detect xperia z as Media Transfer Mode
- Go to Control Panel
- Open Device Manager
- Find Portable device and open the root
- You`ll saw your device name (xperia z)
- Do right click, then select Update Driver Software
- You can choose two method for driver update
- If you choose automatically update, make sure that your PC/Laptop have internet connection
- For Manual update, choose xperia z driver
- Follow the instruction
Note: if after driver update your device still unregocnize, then try to unplug the device from Pc/Laptop then reconnect
Do With Your Own Risk
Download Support File